"The Church was built originally as a Mission Room in 1888. The building was transferred to Trustees in 1896 to promote services and religion within the parish of Emmanuel and William Berridge, a licensed lay reader, conducted the services." http://www.easm.co.uk/
The work to St Mary in Charnwood included;
Removal of the Pews and taken to a specialist for stripping back, repairing and re-varnishing.
Thorough cleaning of the internal granite and brickwork walling, the mortar raked out, approx. 6no. cracks were repaired with Helities and the walling repointed with lime mortar.
Thorough cleaning of the existing timberwork to the internal roof and it was also checked for beetle attack and treated as appropriate, and then redecorated with wood stain.
Dismantling and selling of the Organ and the flooring renewed.
New radiant overhead electrical heaters were fitted.
The windows were cleaned by specialist inside and out.
The main South door frame was renewed and Porch area was refurbished.
A new disabled access was created via the Chapter House and the external pathways refurbished.
The Sanctuary area was cleaned and totally refurbished with new single level flooring, new oak specialist decorative panelling to the East wall, new lighting and sound system.
St Mary in Charnwood before and after the Works